Career Opportunity: Business Research AssociateJune 13, 2018
All appropriate candidates can apply directly to Kelly Kenney (Kelly@meetroi.com). Candidates should include their resume, references related to business research work, and their current availability.
Preface: MEET is a results-based organization. We collaborate to set realistic expectations and milestones around projects and you manage your schedule to achieve them.
MEET helps growth companies and economic development agencies effectively exhibit at trade shows. We change outcomes by helping clients engage and enroll quality prospects in-person. We develop strategy, provide staffing, secure speaking opportunities, enroll prospects, set appointments, and measure results. Our focus is on continually improving each client’s event participation ROI.
This is an independent contractor position. This position is responsible for managing ongoing business research projects across several clients. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, curious, and forward-thinking team player with the ability to turn event, market, and competitor data into insightful strategy maps. Once a strategy is set, continuously tracking identified segments to capture periodic opportunities that may present. This position also includes industry and competitive intelligence research as well as monitoring of RFP portals. The role requires effective communication to MEET, the ability to manage multiple projects and creating tracking processes where appropriate. Yup, that means build the airplane while you’re flying it!
- Collaborate closely with MEET management to identify & align on research needs
- Prioritize research based on client objectives, resources & deliverables
- Manage timelines and milestones
- Communicate clearly and in an effective manner with MEET
- Assess multiple layers of identified data, prioritize on relevance to remove unnecessary inputs and present a cohesive recommendation based on discover insights
- Manage client dashboard reporting needs, with a focus on providing well-thought-out insights and analyses
- Prioritize ad-hoc data requests and troubleshooting implications for our internal team members
- Utilize all the appropriate MEET and customer software and systems
- Establish best practices for improving our research processes
- 1-2 years of work experience in business research or relevant experience
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and identify key insights
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must (Bonus Points for Google Sheets)
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Responsible for documenting standards and best practices methods
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
Start Date Immediate
Work Location Flexible
Hours per week Flexible
Compensation TBD based on experience and productivity
How to apply: Contact Kelly Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (860) 490-9550.