3 Valuable Criteria for Choosing the Right Events and Enhancing Marketing MixSeptember 14, 2017
Marketing executives are continually challenged to optimize their event schedule. It’s not just about return-on-investment (ROI).
Assuming that you use a marketing mix, integrating event opportunities with the overall marketing plan will create the highest leverage of marketing resources. Employing a mix of marketing methods allows you to reach a more diverse audience and appeal to them from complementary platforms. Marketing success occurs when the prospect receives enough meaningful touches so as to compel them to express interest or “opt-in”.
When determining your annual event participation schedule you will find it helpful to keep these criteria in mind:
- Audience – Who attends the event? Are they a target audience? Where do they rank?
- Schedule – How does this event fit the overall event schedule? How does this event compliment the overall marketing plan/schedule? Will we have the appropriate resources available for this opportunity?
- Balanced year
- Compliment overall marketing strategy
- Investment – What’s the value of this event/audience? What is the total estimated cost for our participation? What is our projected ROI?
- Prospect acquisition cost
- Client acquisition cost
You will undoubtedly find additional criteria that are unique to your situation. The key is to have a solid basis for your decision making and then improve outcomes by quantifying results and adjusting the formula over time.
My Expo & Event Team (MEET) specializes in helping event sponsors, exhibitors and speakers maximize their return-on-investment or ROI.
Feel free to download our latest special report. Event ROI Measurement – Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make